Bike New York, Vermont & Chicago – September 2024
15 Nights: Thursday 19 September - Friday 4 October 2024
|Twin share per person
Embark on an unforgettable bike journey with three enchanting nights in the heart of New York City, immersing yourself in the pulsating energy of The Big Apple. Explore iconic landmarks such as Times Square, the Brooklyn Bridge, and Central Park. The bustling streets await your discovery, with the option to catch a Broadway show and free time to follow your own interests whether it be world class museums, iconic attractions like the Statue of Liberty and 9/11 Memorial or a spot of shopping and people watching.
Cycle on bike and rail trails through central and upstate New York before you find yourself immersed in the breathtaking fall foliage of Vermont, a symphony of vibrant colours awaiting your arrival. Your days in Vermont will offer leisurely lakeside cycling, offering picturesque views of majestic Lake Champlain. Ride the Burlington bike path and meander along tranquil back roads, discovering charming towns nestled in the heart of New England. Each night, unwind in cozy inns and boutique hotels, ensuring your journey is as comfortable as it is adventurous.
Finish your tour with three nights in Chicago, fast becoming a favourite city of Kiwi travelers. Take another guided city bike ride and experience the architecture and buzz of the ‘Windy City’.
E-bikes are available.
- The services of an experienced Calder & Lawson Tours tour manager
- Meals as specified in the itinerary
- Local guides
- All group transfers
- Admissions as detailed in the itinerary
- Activities and sightseeing tours with local guides as detailed in the itinerary
- Pre-tour material
- 15 Nights accommodation (twin share)
- Comfortable 21-speed hybrid bikes with a pannier
- All tips for local guides and other service providers
- Domestic flights within NZ
- Travel insurance
- Meals not specified in the itinerary
- Beverages during included meals, unless specified
- International airfares & airline taxes
- Personal expenses
- Hotel porterage
- Bike helmets are available free of charge but you are welcome to bring your own. It's compulsory to use them while cycling.
- Electric bikes are available at an additional cost
- Surcharge of 1.5% on visa and mastercard credit card payments
|Twin share per person
Please contact Calder & Lawson Tours if you are interested in a single occupancy place.
GROUP SIZE Minimum 10, maximum 18
Moderate | 3-5 hr/day | 35-60km/day | Undulating terrain, with the occasional longer or steeper climb. Terrain may vary from paved, to gravel to hard packed dirt. Moderate climbing on shorter rides, little climbing on longer rides. Moderate + is quite a bit of climbing. Suitable for bikers with experience over different terrains. E bikes are recommended