It is said that if you are going to do a walk in Scotland, it should be the West Highland Way. Described as Scotland’s finest long-distance walk, ‘The Way’ features ancient and historic routes, old drovers’ roads, where Highlanders herded their cattle to lowland markets, and famous military roads built in the 18th century to control the Jacobite clansmen. To this we have added a stunning train trip from Glasgow to Mallaig and a ferry ride to Skye followed by a further six days walking on Skye and the Outer Hebrides. Here you will walk in a world far removed from the hustle and bustle of life to scenes of unspoilt natural beauty, coastal seascapes, rare wildlife, ancient forests and historical monuments. Staying in country inns, B&B’s and comfortable hotels, you will find yourself immersed in the heartfelt warmth and spirit that is Scotland.
John Matheson will be your tour manager on this tour. John has worked in the travel industry for over 30 years, the majority of these as a director of Calder & Lawson. He has led many overseas tours and has travelled extensively in Europe.
TOUR DATES Thursday 30 July – Friday 21 August
- The services of a Calder & Lawson Tours tour manager
- Economy class airfares
- 2 nights accommodation in Dubai
- 18 nights accommodation in Scotland
- Breakfast daily, other meals as specified in the itinerary
- Luggage transfers between accommodation on walks
- All group transfers
- Admissions as detailed in the itinerary
- All tips for national and local guides
- Pre-tour material
- Airline taxes
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Meals not specified in the itinerary
- Beverages during included meals, unless specified
- Hotel porterage
Please contact us if you would like to go on this tour – currently places are committed.
July / August 2020