There can be no tapestry of river life as fascinating as the Mekong River. The cultural contrasts between the bustling Vietnam delta and the tranquility of the rich Cambodian countryside are striking. A seven night cruise on board a Pandaw rivership will take you in style and comfort on remote waterways all the way to Kratie to see the Mekong dolphins – a place where no other cruises go. Before boarding the cruise, spend 10 days in Vietnam visiting iconic sites in Hanoi, Hue, Hoi An and Ho Chi Minh City. Explore narrow streets on foot, learn of ancient civilizations, and struggles for independence. Each city in Vietnam has its own charm and world-famous street food, so you will experience mouthwatering cuisine. After disembarking the ship in Siem Reap, visit the best preserved of the Angkor temples where you will be intrigued by the detail and intricacies that make them one of the world’s greatest structures. A good choice for single travellers as you can enjoy a cabin on your own for no extra cost on the cruise.
YOUR SHIP – RV Tonle Pandaw
Built in 2002 in Yangon, with a full refit in 2013, the RV Tonle Pandaw is not a small ship, but with having a shallow draft she can usually get up river into low water areas when other vessels are stuck well below. Facilities include:
- Lecture and meeting room with TV, LCD projector and sound system, art gallery, library, gift shop
- Formal dining room, sun deck bar, upper deck saloon bar, observation decks
- All cabins have a panoramic French window, air conditioning control, multi configuration plugs, en suite bathroom with amenities, mini safe
- Motor coach or deluxe sampan for all off ship excursions
TOUR DATES Thursday 15 March – Tuesday 3 April 2018 (19 nights)
- The services of a Calder & Lawson tour manager
- Economy class airfares
- 1 nights accommodation in Bangkok
- 9 nights accommodation in Vietnam
- Meals as detailed in the itinerary
- 7 night’s accommodation on board RV Tonle Pandaw with all meals and beverages included
- Admission fees as detailed in the itinerary
- All tips and gratuities
- Pre-tour material
TOUR PRICE Ex Auckland, share twin per person
Upper Deck Cabin NZD $11,100
Single Supplement NZD $ 895
No single supplement will be charged on the Pandaw cruise, so the single supplement covers the 10 nights accommodation in Bangkok and Vietnam.
GROUP SIZE Minimum 10, Maximum 16
As you will be flying via Bangkok on Thai Airways, you might like to consider spending a few days there on your way home. This will be a chance to explore Bangkok, learn more about Thai cuisine and relax before you head home. The details are on the tour itinerary and you can register your interest for this experience to your time away when you register for the tour.