Why is Portugal so popular right now? Is it because of Lisbon’s timeless charms and traditions, the fairytale castles in Sintra; the sophistication of Porto and its port wine houses; the unique terraced landscapes of the Douro; the freshly baked pastel de natas or the soulful music of the Fado bars? On this tour you will have a chance to find out and then compare with southern Spain to decide whether you prefer Flamenco to Fado; oak aged rioja to port, tapas and Jamon Iberica to cod. In Andalucía you will walk in the footsteps of the Moors and study their imprint on architecture and gardens and see the astounding Alhambra in Granada, the Alcazar in Seville and the Great Mosque in Cordoba. Experience and savour some of the contrasts and similarities between these two countries on the Iberian Peninsula and decide which is your favourite.
TOUR DATES Wednesday 2 – Friday 25 October 2019
- The services of an experienced New Zealand based Calder & Lawson tour manager
- Economy class airfares
- 19 nights in 4 star accommodation in Portugal and Spain
- Meals as specified in the itinerary
- Local guides
- All group transfers
- Admissions as detailed in the itinerary
- All tips for local guides and drivers
- Pre-tour material
- Airline taxes
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Beverages during included meals,unless specified
- Hotel porterage
- Please note that unlike most of our tours, if you wish to pay by credit card, a surcharge fee of 2.5% will be charged.
This tour has been withdrawn from the 2019 tour programme. It may be offered again in the future.