A realm of lost empires from the Incas to the Spanish Conquistadors, Peru is the perfect blend of intriguing history, fascinating cultures and stunning natural landscapes. The ancient ruins of Machu Picchu are reason enough to visit but there is so much more. The Amazonian rainforest where indigenous tribes still live traditional lifestyles and the breathtaking high-altitude Lake Titicaca are both included in this itinerary as are two of the most imposing cities in South America – Cusco and Lima. Then fly into Iquitos, the largest city in the world not reachable by road, and board a luxury small ship for five days in the largest area of rainforest in the world. Small boats will take you up remote waterways, and trail walks with expert guides enable you to get up close to diverse wildlife and lush vegetation. If you still want more, add an extension to Chile on your way home.
TOUR DATES Saturday 2 – Wednesday 20 November 2019
- The services of an experienced New Zealand based Calder & Lawson tour manager
- Economy class airfares
- 18 nights accommodation
- Meals as specified in the itinerary
- Local guides
- All group transfers
- Admissions as detailed in the itinerary
- All tips for local guides and drivers
- Pre-tour material
- Airline taxes
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Beverages during included meals, unless specified
- Hotel porterage
- Please note that unlike most of our tours, if you wish to pay by credit card, a surcharge fee of 2.5% will be charged.
TOUR PRICE Ex Auckland
Share twin per person NZD$16,573
Single supplement (limited availability) NZD$ 3,970
Please contact Calder & Lawson Tours if you are interested in a single occupancy place.
GROUP SIZE Minimum 10, maximum 18