We have discovered that cruising and walking is a great combination enabling you to relax and explore an area in depth without the need to pack and unpack, so we are delighted to present this opportunity in Pelorus Sound.
Being on board a boat also means that if you feel like staying on board, cruising with the skipper instead of walking, that’s an equally fine way to spend the day. Pelorus (Te Hoiere), the largest of the Sounds that make up the Marlborough Sounds, has great natural beauty, crystal clear and sheltered waters, lush native bush, and a choice of walks of varying lengths and difficulty.
For the second half of the tour you will be based in Golden Bay, a place many people fly over but never quite visit. With one road in and out, the Bay is largely self-sufficient, protected by the curving needle of Farewell Spit at the northern end, and cut off from the rest of the South Island by three national parks. You will have the chance to enjoy its many natural wonders including Farewell Spit, the dramatic wind and sea-carved coastline and the golden beaches. Some of our very good clients live in Golden Bay and they have shared with us their favourite walks, some of which we have included in the itinerary.
DATE Monday 25 January – Tuesday 2 February 2021
- The services of an experienced Calder & Lawson Tours tour manager
- 8 nights accommodation (twin share)
- Meals as specified in the itinerary
- Local guides
- All group transfers
- Admissions as detailed in the itinerary
- Activities and sightseeing tours with local guides as detailed in the itinerary
- Pre-tour material
- Travel to/from Nelson (arrangements can be made for you at an additional cost)
- Travel insurance
- Meals not specified in the itinerary
- Beverages during included meals, unless specified
Share twin per person NZD $3,990
Single supplement NZD $1,890
Please contact Calder & Lawson Tours if you are interested in a single occupancy place.
GROUP SIZE Minimum 10, maximum 14
This tour is now full, please contact us if you would like to go on a waitlist – T 0800 853 276 or email email@example.com