Just an hour north of Auckland the delightful village of Matakana and its surrounds invite exploration: lush vineyards, idyllic coastal views and a foodie heaven. A short break for a spring-time visit, this tour is perfect for both dedicated and casual lovers of sculpture and art as we visit three distinct sculpture installations. The highlight will undoubtedly be Gibbs Farm, home to a series of major site specific artworks commissioned from some of the world’s most significant artists. You will also have the opportunity to visit one of the lesser known islands of the Hauraki Gulf, Kawau Island, on the daily Royal Mail ship and visit the historic mansion house.
TOUR MANAGER Peter Gibbs
TOUR DATES Tuesday 17 – Friday 20 November 2020 (3 nights)
- The services of an experienced Calder & Lawson Tours tour manager
- 3 nights accommodation
- Meals as specified in the itinerary
- Local guides
- All group transfers as detailed in the itinerary
- Admissions as detailed in the itinerary
- Activities and sightseeing tours as detailed in the itinerary
- Pre-tour material.
- Domestic travel to Auckland (flights can be booked for you at an additional cost)
- Travel insurance
- Meals not specified in the itinerary
- Beverages during included meals, unless specified
- Personal expenses
- If you wish to pay by credit card, a surcharge fee of 2.5% will be charged
Share twin per person NZD $1,590
Single supplement NZD $ 390
Please contact Calder & Lawson Tours if you are interested in a single occupancy place.
GROUP SIZE Minimum 10, maximum 18