Immerse yourself in the Silk Road, the world’s most famous and lively trading highway. Uzbekistan is the gem of this historic route, with its bustling bazaars, towering mosques and ancient cities. Experience the rich and diverse culture of Central Asia with fascinating architecture, history, religion and, most of all, its friendly people. Beginning and ending in Tashkent, explore the ancient cities of Khiva, Bukhara and Samarkand, and the greenest city in Uzbekistan, Fergana. Visit the dying Aral Sea, one of the world’s environmental disaster areas. See where communism made its mark on the Asian steppes, with Soviet buildings butting up against glorious Islamic architecture. This tour is full of memorable experiences – eating dinner in a private home, seeing artisans at work and enjoying traditional performances.
Your tour manager is Andrew Matheson, an experienced tour manager who enjoys making travel a memorable experience for all the group. He is a keen and adventurous traveller and has visited around 90 countries to date. Andrew has lived and travelled extensively in Asia, and has taken many of our successful tours to this region.
Andrew will apply his organisational skills to make sure the trip runs to plan and is tailored to the particular interests of participants whenever possible. He is looking forward to helping you explore some special ‘off the beaten track places’ in this amazing country.
TOUR DATES Tuesday 19 May – Wednesday 1o June 2020
- The services of an experienced New Zealand-based Calder & Lawson Tours tour manager
- Economy class airfares
- 18 nights accommodation in Uzbekistan
- 1 night in Dubai northbound
- Breakfast daily
- Other meals as specified in the itinerary
- All group transfers as specified in the itinerary
- Admissions as detailed in the itinerary
- Sightseeing tours with local guides as detailed in the itinerary
- All tips for local guides and other service providers
- Pre-tour material
- Airline taxes
- Travel insurance
- Any visa fees (New Zealand and EU passport holders do not need a visa for Uzbekistan or the UAE)
- Personal expenses
- Meals not specified in the itinerary
- Beverages during included meals, unless specified
- Hotel or airport porterage
TOUR PRICE Ex Auckland
Share twin per person NZD$11,650
Single supplement (limited availability) NZD$1,985
Please contact Calder & Lawson Tours if you are interested in a single occupancy place.
GROUP SIZE Minimum 10, maximum 18
An updated itinerary will be posted here shortly – some minor improvements are being made.