Do you like to bike but your partner prefers to see the sights in a more relaxed way? This tour offers the perfect solution! Cruise on the waterways of two special regions in France – the Loire and Bordeaux. The comfortable riverships will cruise while you bike, and your partner will have opportunities to see the sights. Bucolic landscapes, picturesque small villages and grand chateaux await you in the Loire. Discover the UNESCO world heritage city of Bordeaux, the rolling vineyards of Medoc and Margaux, some of the most prestigious in the world, and the sophisticated town of Saint-Émillion. The bike rides are considered easy with only minor elevation gains. Both regions are known for superb food and wine, and the cuisine on board reflects regional specialties. Each afternoon return to your comfortable small ship and relax on the sun deck with a glass of local vin rouge.
TOUR DATES Tuesday 9 – Saturday 27 April 2019
- The services of an experienced New Zealand based Calder & Lawson tour manager
- Economy class airfares
- 1 nights accommodation in Singapore
- 7 nights on board Cyrano de Bergerac
- 7 nights on board Loire Princesse
- All meals on the riverships. Meals are inclusive of wine, beer, tea & coffee
- Open bar on the riverships inclusive of cocktails, standard spirits and sparkling wine
- Local guides
- All group transfers
- Admissions as detailed in the itinerary
- All tips for local guides and drivers
- Pre-tour material
- Airline taxes
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Other meals not specified in the itinerary
Cyrano de Bergerac has 87 cabins, with passenger numbers of 174 passengers with 25 crew. Mid Deck cabins have an opening hip to ceiling window and Upper Deck cabins have a French balcony/ranch slider (window from the knee).
The Loire Princesse has 48 cabins, taking 96 passengers. Main Deck cabins have half height windows and Upper deck cabins have full balconies.
Cabin size is identical for both decks on both ships at around 13.5sqm.
TOUR PRICE Ex Auckland, Share twin per person
Mid/Main Deck, cycling NZD $14,399
Mid/Main Deck, non cycling NZD $13,679
Upper Deck, cycling NZD $14,950
Upper Deck, non cycling NZD $14,229
Please contact Calder & Lawson Tours if you are interested in a single occupancy place.
GROUP SIZE Minimum 10, maximum 18