This tour offers you Egypt in all its glory from the golden treasures of Tutankhamun and the Pharaohs to the colossal temples in Luxor and Aswan. Gaze at almost 5,000 years of human history at the Great Pyramids of Giza. The Nile has always exerted a powerful role on the country and cruising the river is the perfect place from which to see many of the most spectacular ancient sites. Board a first-class river ship for five nights and visit the Luxor temple complex, Valley of the Kings and the Temples of Abu Simbel. The tour also takes you to Jordan to the incomparable Petra, an ancient city hewn from red sandstone. Meet the Bedouin people of Wadi Rum, the home of Lawrence of Arabia and enjoy a cooking class and dinner with a local family.
- The services of an experienced New Zealand based Calder & Lawson tour manager
- Economy class airfares
- 14 nights accommodation in 4 star plus hotels
- 4 nights on a 5 star rivership
- Meals as specified in the itinerary
- Local guides
- All group transfers
- Admissions as detailed in the itinerary
- All tips for local guides and drivers
- Pre-tour material
- Airline taxes
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Meals not specified in the itinerary
- Beverages during included meals, unless specified
- Hotel porterage
This tour is now not proceeding in 2020. It may be offered again in 2021.
Coming in 2021...