The East Cape of the North Island has a rugged beauty inspired by its isolation and on this tour you will be travelling on one of the world’s greatest and least known coastal road trips. This will be a leisurely journey because around every corner there is something new to see: stunning coastal scenery, white picture postcard bays and coves, remote settlements and farming communities and the ornately carved gateways of the many Marae. Its rich bicultural history makes this a unique destination. You will have the opportunity to meet some of the local characters working on the out of the way back country stations. With a warm Mediterranean climate, clear blue skies and warm sunshine, this an ideal opportunity to explore some of the local treasures in a part of New Zealand you may not have seen. You will enjoy two-night stays at most stops, meaning time to relax and less packing and unpacking.
TOUR MANAGER Penny Pickett
TOUR DATES Wednesday 10 – Wednesday 17 February 2021 (7 nights)
- The services of an experienced Calder & Lawson Tours tour manager
- 7 nights accommodation
- Meals as specified in the itinerary
- Local guides
- All group transfers
- Admissions as detailed in the itinerary
- Activities and sightseeing tours with local guides as detailed in the itinerary
- Pre-tour material
- Domestic travel to Hamilton (flights can be booked for you at an additional cost)
- Travel insurance
- Meals not specified in the itinerary
- Beverages during included meals, unless specified
- Personal expenses
- If you wish to pay by credit card, a surcharge fee of 2.5% will be charged
Share twin per person NZD $3,150
Single supplement NZD $ 750
Please contact Calder & Lawson Tours if you are interested in a single occupancy place.
GROUP SIZE Minimum 10, maximum 20
VARIATIONS IN TRAVEL We can make arrangements for any travel you would like to do before or after this tour. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.