Imagine being on a yacht, rocking to sleep with the gentle waves on the Adriatic Sea, breakfasting on regional Croatian specialties followed by a refreshing swim, before getting on your bike to discover the southern Dalmatian islands. During your seven-night cruise, you will call in at various island ports, learning about their history, folklore and cultural treasures. Your trip will begin in Slovenia to bike the alpine villages around Lake Bled. Then onto Croatia to the Parenzana, a former narrow-gauge railway line, which penetrates deeply into the Istrian Peninsula. Riding through magnificent rolling landscapes and vineyards, you will see why the route is named the ‘wine railway’. Finally embark on your cruise along the Croatian coast. This tour is ideal for those wanting a biking holiday in a region rich in history. The rides are designated as moderate and e-bikes are available.
Leen van Duin is the ideal tour manager for this tour. He has led many of our biking tours and has recently explored Croatia in readiness for this tour. After 13 years with Air New Zealand, Leen joined Calder & Lawson House of Travel as an Owner/Director where he spent 25 years growing the corporate travel business. Relaxed, caring, and friendly with a quick sense of humour, Leen aims to make his travel companions comfortable and at ease. From the moment Leen and his wife Diane meet the group at the airport, it is clear that every aspect of the trip has been taken care of.
TOUR DATES Tuesday 19 May – Tuesday 9 June
- The services of an experienced New Zealand based Calder & Lawson Tours tour manager
- Economy class airfares
- 10 nights accommodation in 3-4 star hotels and guest houses in Slovenia and Croatia
- 7 nights aboard a small ship, MS Harmonia
- 1 nights accommodation in Dubai on outbound and return journey
- Meals as specified in the itinerary
- Refreshments and snacks while cycling
- All group transfers as specified in the itinerary
- Luggage transfers between hotels
- Admissions as detailed in the itinerary
- Sightseeing tours with English-speaking local guides as detailed in the itinerary
- All tips for local guides and other service providers
- Comfortable 21-speed hybrid bikes with a pannier
- Local tourist taxes, port taxes
- Pre-tour material
- Airline taxes
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Meals not specified in the itinerary
- Beverages during included meals, unless specified
- Hotel porterage
- Electric bikes are available at an additional cost ($355 per person)
- Bike helmets are available at extra cost but you are encouraged to bring your own. It’s compulsory to use them while cycling.
TOUR PRICE Ex Auckland
Share twin per person NZD$14,799
Single supplement Price on application
Please contact Calder & Lawson Tours if you are interested in a single occupancy place.
GROUP SIZE Minimum 10, maximum 18
May / June 2020