Tiny Costa Rica contains breath-taking landforms and an amazing 5% of the world’s biodiversity. It sits in a turbulent region but famously abolished its military decades ago, and now tops the Happy Planet Index. This tour explores Costa Rica’s interior, including rain forest, rich and diverse wildlife and active volcanoes. The capital San José reveals some of Costa Rica’s colonial and pre-Columbian history.
Then embark on a small ship adventure cruise along the Pacific coast of Costa Rica and Panamá. Shore excursions include walking, kayaking and snorkelling. The cruise will reveal the wonders of jungles and mangroves, and provide rich opportunities for seeing wildlife. A newly-refurbished ship provides a comfortable home, with fine food and drinks provided.
The ship transits the Panamá Canal, and the tour concludes with seeing the canal’s operations from the shore and exploring Panamá City. This is an ideal tour for those who love the ease of small-ship cruising, and are interested in experiencing rain forests, tropical wildlife, spectacular mountain and coastal scenery, and learning about Central America’s history.
THE SHIP – Safari Voyager
The Safari Voyager was built in 1982 and extensively refurbished in 2016. With a maximum of 62 guests, and a ratio of two team members to each guest, you will be well looked after on board. Facilities include:
- Four public decks, including an upper sun deck
- A cozy library and elegant dining room
- Dock launch platform for easy access to and from the water for activities
- Fitness equipment, yoga mats and hiking poles are also available on board
- All cabins have wide panoramic view windows, individually controlled air conditioning, docking stations for iPod or MP3/4, TV/DVD, en-suite bathroom
- Open bridge policy
TOUR DATES Monday 23 April – Tuesday 8 May 2018 (15 nights)
- The services of a Calder & Lawson tour manager
- Economy class airfares
- 1 nights accommodation in Houston
- 6 nights accommodation on land
- Meals on land as detailed in the itinerary
- 7 nights accommodation on board Safari Voyager
- All meals on board the ship (including beverages)
- Entry fees to National Parks and admissions as detailed in the itinerary
- Kayaks, paddle boards, inflatable skiffs and snorkel gear on board Safari Voyager
- All tips and gratuities
- Pre-tour material
PRICE Ex Auckland, twin share per person
Commander Cabin $14,397
Only two single supplement cabins are available at a single supplement of $2,447. Please contact Calder & Lawson Tours if you are interested in one of these cabins.
GROUP SIZE Minimum 12, maximum 16