Wainwright’s Coast to Coast is regarded as one of the world’s top ten walks. Your 309 km walk will start at St Bees on the Irish Sea. The route will take you through the exquisite Lakes District, across the Pennines, and then over the Yorkshire Dales with their manicured fields, stone walls and whitewashed villages. Finally you cross the rugged, heather-covered Yorkshire Moors before finishing at Robin Hood’s Bay on the North Sea. Accommodation is in small B & B’s or local pubs along the way. Some days are over 25 km and some are challenging, so a high level of fitness will aid your enjoyment. You will be accompanied by an experienced walking guide along with tour manager John Matheson, who has led this walk several times. We have included three rest days at his suggestion. This walk will give you a great sense of achievement.
John Matheson will be your tour manager on this tour. John has worked in the travel industry for over 30 years, the majority of these as a director of Calder & Lawson. He has led many overseas tours and has travelled extensively in Europe. He escorted the group on the Coast to Coast walk in 2015 and 2017, and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. If you have any queries about the walk, give John a call.
TOUR DATES Sunday 25 August – Thursday 19 September 2019
- The services of an experienced, New Zealand based Calder & Lawson tour manager
- Economy class airfares
- 1 nights accommodation in Singapore northbound, with breakfast
- 2 nights accommodation in London
- 19 nights accommodation on Coast to Coast Walk
- 1 night accommodation in Singapore southbound, with breakfast
- Breakfast daily, 2 dinners
- Local guide on walking days
- Luggage transfers between accommodation on walk
- All group transfers
- Admissions as detailed in the itinerary
- All tips for local guides
- Pre tour material.
- Airline taxes
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Meals not specified in the itinerary
- Beverages during included meals, unless specified
- Hotel porterage.
This tour has been withdrawn from the 2019 tour programme. It may be offered again in the future.