Ride paved rail trail bike paths and the Moselle River cycle path, crossing to and fro between the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, France and Germany. The ultimate recreational cycle tour on a network of well-maintained cycle paths. Begin in the south of Holland and spend three nights in Epen. Your next four nights will be in Germany, Belgium and Luxembourg before taking a train to board your comfortable barge. For the first week, ride through rolling countryside straddling the borders. In the second week, cycle through the vineyard clad slopes of the Moselle River and its tributaries characterized by verdant vineyards, Roman ruins, medieval villages, fairy tale castles and well preserved half-timbered houses. There is plenty of time to stop, see the sights and sample traditional cuisine, wine and ale of the five countries you bike through. Most riding will be relatively flat and easy but it is possible to hire an e-bike.
Leen and Di van Duin are the ideal tour managers for this tour. Leen grew up in Holland, makes frequent trips ‘home’ and travels extensively in Europe. In addition, they recently took a bike and barge tour in Europe, which they enjoyed immensely and decided this is the way to travel! After 13 years with Air New Zealand, Leen joined Calder & Lawson House of Travel as an Owner/Director where he spent 25 years growing the corporate travel business. Leen is now a Director of Calder & Lawson Tours. Relaxed, caring, and friendly with a quick sense of humour, Leen aims to make his travel companions comfortable and at ease. From the moment Leen and Di meet the group at the airport, it is clear that every aspect of the trip has been taken care of.
TOUR DATE Tuesday 17 July – Monday 6 August 2018 (20 nights)
- The services of a Calder & Lawson tour manager
- Economy class airfares
- 1 night in Dubai, northbound, including airport transfers, breakfast and half day city tour
- 9 nights hotel accommodation, including breakfast
- 7 nights accommodation on board the barge including breakfast, packed lunch and dinner
- Comfortable Gudereith trekking bike, including helmet, panniers and water bottle. Electric bikes are available at an additional cost
- Local guides
- All transfers by train or coach
- Admissions as indicated in the itinerary
- Tips and gratuities for guides and drivers
- Pre-tour material
TOUR PRICE Ex Auckland
Share twin per person NZD$10,995
This tour is full. We are taking a wait list, please contact email@example.com to register your interest.
Or you may wish to register for our Bike & Barge Venice & Provence tour 14 Aug – 5 Sep.