Ride paved rail trail bike paths and the Moselle River cycle path, crossing to and fro between the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, France and Germany. It’s the ultimate recreational cycle tour. For the first week, ride through rolling countryside straddling the borders, now peaceful but fiercely contested over the centuries. In the second week, cycle through the vineyard-clad slopes of the Moselle River and its tributaries characterised by verdant vineyards, Roman ruins, medieval villages, fairy tale castles and well-preserved half-timbered houses. There is plenty of time to stop, see the sights and sample the traditional cuisine, wine and ale of the five countries you bike through. Most riding will be relatively flat and easy but it is possible to hire an e-bike. This was our most popular tour in 2018 and it sold out within a fortnight, so register early if you would like to go.
Leen van Duin is the ideal tour manager for this tour. Leen grew up in Holland, makes frequent trips ‘home’ and travels extensively in Europe. After 13 years with Air New Zealand, Leen joined Calder & Lawson House of Travel as an Owner/Director where he spent 25 years growing the corporate travel business. Leen is now a Director of Calder & Lawson Tours. Relaxed, caring, and friendly with a quick sense of humour, Leen aims to make his travel companions comfortable and at ease. From the moment Leen and his wife Diane meet the group at the airport, it is clear that every aspect of the trip has been taken care of.
TOUR DATES Tuesday 25 June – Monday 15 July 2019
- The services of an experienced New Zealand based Calder & Lawson tour manager
- Economy class airfares
- 1 night in Dubai, northbound, including airport transfers, breakfast and half day city tour
- 9 nights hotel accommodation, including breakfast
- 7 nights accommodation on board the barge including breakfast, packed lunch and dinner
- Comfortable Gudereith trekking bike, including helmet, panniers and water bottle. Electric bikes are available at an additional cost
- Local guides
- All transfers by train or coach
- Admissions as indicated in the itinerary
- Tips and gratuities for guides and drivers
- Pre-tour material
- Airline taxes
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Meals not specified in the itinerary
- Beverages during included meals, unless specified
- Hotel porterage
TOUR PRICE Ex Auckland
Share twin per person NZD$12,499
Please contact Calder & Lawson Tours if you are interested in a single occupancy place.
GROUP SIZE Minimum 10, maximum 17