Cruise the sapphire waters of the rugged coast of Tasmania and enjoy coastal walks of outstanding beauty. This tour combines an expedition cruise with walks on some of Tasmania’s best walking tracks. Guided by experienced bush-walkers, you can choose the longer day hikes, the shorter casual walks, or simply stay on board your luxury small ship and enjoy Australian hospitality. Visit the remote beauty of Port Davey, the dolerite columns at Cape Hauy, the blue gum stands at Fortescue Bay, the pink granite peaks of Freycinet and Wineglass Bay, and historic Port Arthur. After the day’s exertions, retire to the Coral Discoverer’s panoramic Explorer bar and delight in the delicious meals. A day in Hobart allows time to visit the outstanding Museum of Old and New Art. This is a walking tour without packing and unpacking for people who want to choose their level of activity each day.
This great video clip will give you a fantastic visual taste of what this tour offers – click here.
John Matheson will be your tour manager. He has worked in the travel industry for over 40 years, the majority of these as a director of Calder & Lawson. He has led many overseas walking tours and has travelled extensively in Australia. He is looking forward to walking and exploring some special ‘off the beaten track places’ in this amazing land. If you have any queries about the tour, give John a call.
TOUR DATES Sunday 8 – Monday 16 March 2020
- The services of an experienced, New Zealand-based Calder & Lawson Tours tour manager
- Economy class airfares
- 1 nights accommodation in Hobart
- 7 nights on board Coral Discoverer
- All meals on board the ship
- All group transfers as specified in the itinerary
- Admissions as detailed in the itinerary
- Walking and sightseeing with local guides as detailed in the itinerary
- All tips for local guides and other service providers
- Pre-tour material
- Airline taxes
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
- Meals not specified in the itinerary
- Beverages during included meals, unless specified
- Hotel or airport porterage
- Please note that if you wish to pay by credit card, a surcharge fee of 2% will be charged for Visa or Mastercard.
This tour is now full, please contact us if you wish to go on a wait list.