Wainwright’s Coast to Coast is regarded as one of the world’s top 10 Walks. Your 309 km walk will start at St Bees on the Irish Sea. The route will take you through the exquisite Lakes Peaks, across the Pennines range, rich in Roman history, and then over the Yorkshire Dales, with their manicured fields, stone walls and quaint whitewashed villages. Finally across the rugged Yorkshire moors before finishing at Robin Hood’s Bay on the North Sea. Accommodation is in small B & B’s or local pubs along the way which gives opportunity to sample a variety of regional food. Some days are over 25 kilometres walking, and some are challenging, so a high level of fitness will be necessary and will aid your enjoyment. You will be accompanied by an experienced walking guide who will pace the tour and the route, to suit the participants and weather conditions. We have included three rest days so you can explore and rest your legs. This tour will give walkers a real sense of achievement.
TOUR MANAGER: John Matheson.
John has worked in the travel industry for over 30 years, the majority of these as a director of Calder & Lawson. He has led many overseas tours and has travelled extensively in Europe. He escorted the group on the Coast to Coast walk in 2015 and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. If you have any queries about the walk, give John a call.
TOUR DATE: Sunday 27 August – Thursday 21 September 2017 (25 nights)
- Economy class airfares (airline taxes additional)
- 1 night accommodation in Singapore northbound, with breakfast
- 2 nights accommodation in London
- 19 nights accommodation on Coast to Coast Walk
- 1 night accommodation in Singapore southbound, with breakfast
- Breakfast daily, two dinners
- Local guide on walking days
- Luggage transfers between accommodation on walk
- All group transfers
- Sightseeing as detailed in the itinerary
- All tips for local guides.
PRICE: Ex Auckland
Twin share per person NZD$10,485
Single supplement (limited availability) NZD$ 1,300
GROUP SIZE: Limited to 12
Click here to see photos from the 2015 tour!