The warming relations between Iran and the West is compelling travellers to cast aside their apprehension and explore this country brimming with archaeological treats that will enthral history buffs and art aficionados alike. Few countries can boast such a profound and intriguing history or such an astounding diversity of archaeological and cultural gems, evidence of which can be seen everywhere with 19 UNESCO World Heritage sites. You will stay in 4-5 star accommodation and meet well-informed guides and local people in a safe and supported small group. There will be time to explore the museums laden with treasures in Tehran; visit the colourful and tempting bazaars; the Persian gardens and tea houses; covered bridges, mosques and minarets; the ancient mud architecture of Yazd, the ruins at Perspolis and the pearl in the Persian crown – Isfahan. Visitors are still a novelty in Iran and are overwhelmed by the friendliness of the people.
TOUR MANAGER: Alastair Calder
A founding director of Calder & Lawson Tours, Alastair has been travelling the world for many years. At a travel conference in London in 2015 he met people from an Iranian tour company and was very taken with their approach to tours in Iran. Together, they have developed an itinerary which will be a memorable experience and Alastair is looking forward to sharing it with you.
TOUR DATE: Thursday 5 – Sunday 22 October 2017 (17 nights)
- Economy class airfares (airline taxes additional)
- The services of our New Zealand Tour Manager
- A national English speaking guide
- Modern air conditioned Volvo coach
- 17 nights’ accommodation in 4 – 5 star hotels
- Meals included: breakfast daily, most lunches and dinners as specified in the itinerary
- Admission to all sightseeing as detailed in the itinerary
- A half day tour in Dubai
- All tips for guides, hotels, restaurants, drivers.
PRICE: Ex Auckland
Per Person Share Twin NZD$10,988
Single Supplement NZD$ 1,980
GROUP SIZE: Minimum 12, Maximum 18